Shannon Schlegel has been representing clients as the owner of Shannon L.W. Schlegel, PLLC since 2001. Shannon received her Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of California, San Diego, in 1994 and her Juris Doctorate from Thomas Cooley Law School in 2000. Prior to founding Shannon L. W. Schlegel, PLLC, Shannon Schlegel clerked for local Family Law Attorneys and Insurance Defense Attorneys as well as the Office of the Attorney General.
Shannon's practice areas have included Appellate, Business, Child Welfare, Civil Litigation, Criminal Defense, Estate Planning, and Family Law. Shannon currently serves as a Case Evaluator for Civil Litigation Cases and since 2009 has served as Special Prosecutor for the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services in Child Welfare Cases.
Active in both local government and her community, Shannon served on the DeWitt Township Zoning Board of Appeals, the Clinton County Agriculture Preservation Board and is currently on the Clinton County Planning Commission where she has served as Chair since 2009.
Shannon Schlegel strongly believes in giving back to the community and has demonstrated this through her long standing commitment to volunteering in the community. Shannon is an active member of St. John's Kiwanis (where she served as President from 2015-2016), an active member of the DeWitt Area Chamber of Commerce, Clinton County Chamber of Commerce (where she served as President from 2014-2015) and Lansing Area Chamber of Commerce. Shannon also serves on the Board for the Sparrow Clinton Hospital Foundation.
- University of California San Diego, B.A., 1994
- Thomas Cooley Law School, J.D., 2000
- State Bar of Michigan: Licensed and in Good Standing
- Criminal Jurisprudence Committee, 2006 to 2007;
- Children’s Law Council, Board Member and Legislative Committee Member, 2007 to 2015
- Clinton County Bar Association, Secretary, 2005; President, 2006; Member since 2003
- Ingham County Bar Association, 2003 to Present
- Young Lawyer’s Section of Ingham County Bar Association, Board Member, 2003 to 2007; President, 2006 to 2007
- Ingham County Bar Association Court Appointed Judicial Qualifications Committee
- Ingham County Family Law Section Member
- Appointed by the Speaker of the House to the Trial Court Funding Commission 2017