SHANNON L. W. SCHLEGEL, PLLC ATTORNEY
Shannon Schlegel has been representing clients as the owner of Shannon L.W. Schlegel, PLLC since 2001. Shannon received her Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of California, San Diego, in 1994 and her Juris Doctorate from Thomas Cooley Law School in 2000. Prior to founding Shannon L. W. Schlegel, PLLC, Shannon Schlegel clerked for local Family Law Attorneys and Insurance Defense Attorneys as well as the Office of the Attorney General.
Shannon’s practice areas have included Appellate, Business, Child Welfare, Civil Litigation, Criminal Defense, Estate Planning, and Family Law. Shannon currently serves as a Case Evaluator for Civil Litigation Cases and since 2009 has served as Special Prosecutor for the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services in Child Welfare Cases.
Active in both local government and her community, Shannon served on the DeWitt Township Zoning Board of Appeals, the Clinton County Agriculture Preservation Board and is currently on the Clinton County Planning Commission where she has served as Chair since 2009.
Shannon Schlegel strongly believes in giving back to the community and has demonstrated this through her long standing commitment to volunteering in the community.
- Member of DeWitt Area Chamber of Commerce
- Member of Lansing Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Member of St. Johns High School Business Advisory Board
- Member of Clinton County Human Trafficking Task Force
- Member of the DeWitt Lions Club
- The Secretary for The House of Promise
- Member of St. John’s Kiwanis (where she served as President from 2015-2016)
- Member of Clinton County Chamber of Commerce (where she served as President from 2014-2015)
- The House of Promise – Board Member / Secretary.
- Member of the Gratiot County Chamber of Commerce.
- Clinton County Farm Bureau – Member
- Zonta Club of East Lansing Zoning Board of Appeals
- DeWitt Township Agriculture Preservation Board – Clinton County
- Sparrow Clinton Hospital Foundation Board Member
- University of California San Diego, B.A., 1994
- Thomas Cooley Law School, J.D., 2000
- State Bar of Michigan: Licensed and in Good Standing
- Criminal Jurisprudence Committee, 2006 to 2007;
- Children’s Law Council, Board Member and Legislative Committee Member, 2007 to 2015
- Clinton County Bar Association, Secretary, 2005; President, 2006; Member since 2003
- Ingham County Bar Association, 2003 to Present
- Young Lawyer’s Section of Ingham County Bar Association, Board Member, 2003 to 2007; President, 2006 to 2007
- Ingham County Bar Association Court Appointed Judicial Qualifications Committee
- Ingham County Family Law Section Member
- Appointed by Governor Rick Snyder to the Trial Court Funding Commission
Shannon is experienced, strong, and compassionate. When she says your case matters, she truly means it!
Shannon is the best family law attorney in Clinton County. I can always depend on her expertise, knowledge of the law and compassion to handle any matter that I bring to her.
I would highly recommend Shannon. Her knowledge, compassion, and professionalism can’t be matched. She is a great attorney, and a wonderful person.
Shannon is a wonderful lawyer. She is honest, professional, caring and passionate. Shannon’s sound advice comes after she listens carefully to your issues and helps you through the emotions. The icing on top is the wonderful service you also receive from her assistant, Kelly. I would highly recommend Shannon for your legal issues.
Shannon L.W. Schlegel is by far the best lawyer in the Clinton County area, well Michigan actually! She is well rounded in all areas of law from family law to nonprofit start up help. Thank you Shannon Schlegel for all that you do! You are a blessing!
Shannon is the an extremely knowledgeable attorney – one of the best attorneys in the Dewitt area & Clinton County. Whether it’s family law, custody matters, divorce or adoption, she has the expertise and compassion to handle any matter that I bring to her.
Shannon assisted me with a very complex family law issue this past year. She is professional, responsive and extremely hard working for her clients. I appreciated her candid advice and thoughts, as it ultimately helped me achieve what I was originally seeking. While emotions can run high in family law cases, her advice was sound and helped me succeed. I strongly recommend using Shannon Schlegel PLLC for any legal issues you may have!
Shannon Schlegel is everything a lawyer should be- professional, efficient, courteous, and discreet. She will literally go the extra mile for her clients but she also has a beautiful, comfortable office that is very easy to get to in the Lansing area.
Primary Communities Served