Shannon Schlegel has been representing clients as the owner of Shannon L.W. Schlegel, PLLC since 2001. Shannon received her Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of California, San Diego, in 1994 and her Juris Doctorate from Thomas Cooley Law School in 2000. Prior to founding Shannon L. W. Schlegel, PLLC, Shannon Schlegel clerked for local Family Law Attorneys and Insurance Defense Attorneys as well as the Office of the Attorney General.
Shannon's practice areas include Appellate, Business, Child Welfare, Civil Litigation, Criminal Defense, Estate Planning, and Family Law. She has served as Special Prosecuting Attorney for the Michigan Department of Human and Health Services since 2009. She also serves as a Case Evaluator for Civil Litigation Cases.
Active in both local government and her community, Shannon served on the Dewitt Township Zoning Board of Appeals from 2003 to 2007, as well as the Clinton County Agriculture Preservation Board, from 2005 to 2007. In 2009, Shannon was elected by her peers to serve as Chair, where she still presently serves.
Shannon Schlegel strongly believes in giving back to the community and has demonstrated this through her long standing commitment to volunteering in the community. She is a member of the St. John's Kiwanis Club, where she will serve as President for the year 2015 - 2016. Shannon is a member of the Zonta Club of East Lansing. She is also an active member of the DeWitt Area Chamber of Commerce, the Clinton County Chamber of Commerce and the Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce. Shannon Schlegel serves as a committee member on the Sparrow Clinton Hospital Foundation as well.
- University of California San Diego, B.A., 1994
- Thomas Cooley Law School, J.D., 2000
- State Bar of Michigan: Licensed and in Good Standing
- Criminal Jurisprudence Committee, 2006 to 2007;
- Children’s Law Council, Board Member and Legislative Committee Member, 2007 to 2015
- Clinton County Bar Association, Secretary, 2005; President, 2006; Member since 2003
- Ingham County Bar Association, 2003 to Present
- Young Lawyer’s Section of Ingham County Bar Association, Board Member, 2003 to 2007; President, 2006 to 2007
- Ingham County Bar Association Court Appointed Judicial Qualifications Committee, 2007